Here’s the important content that we cover in this presentation:
It’s no secret: Major donors are where the big gifts are.
So what happens once you get in the door? How should you approach your major donors? How do you show up without seeming as if all you’re after is their money? How do you make conversation, explore their interest, and see where they stand?
Join me to discover how to handle this all-important fundraising moment and make the most of your big opportunity.
I share with you power questions to ask your donor so you can really find out where she stands.
- 3 important objectives for every visit
- What to be sure to do before the call
- 5 kinds of reconnaissance to do before your first visit
- What measurements will tell you the level of your prospect’s interest
- What could turn your donor off quickly
- The 3 most important things to look for
- The 3 most important things to avoid
- What types of presentations work best (and whether you should use Powerpoint)
- When to leave
- How to leave the meeting with useful followup steps, and
- 10 tips for making the most of the visit itself