- Organize your major gifts team
- Train your board in major gift fundraising skills
- Create a rated, qualified Major Gift Prospect List
- Create a shopping list of major gift funding opportunities
- Set a Major Gifts goal
- Create systematic cultivation plans for your top prospects
- Find (and harvest) your low-hanging fruit donors
Major Gifts Coaching
Systematically Secure High Revenue Major Gifts For Your Nonprofit
Are you leaving tons of money on the table for your organization because you just don’t have the time or resources to go out and get it? How does it make you feel to know the money is out there. . . but your organization doesn’t have a team, a plan, or a system to make it happen? You probably feel pretty frustrated. And just think about the great work your organization could do with a huge infusion of revenue!
WE CAN HELP
Enrollment is limited each year.
Together, we’ll determine if you’re ready for major gifts coaching.
We’ll Personally Coach You and Your Team to Have Firm “Asks”
on the Table in 10 Months or Less
Who is Major Gift Coaching For?
It’s for any nonprofit leader, fundraiser or team who wants to improve Major Gift Fundraising skills, and create and implement a major gift initiative that will bring in significant revenue over the long run.
Executive Directors Directors of Development Major Gifts Officers Beginning Fundraisers Board Members
Is Major Gifts Coaching for small organizations or large ones?
There is no organization too big or too small for major gifts fundraising.
Major Gifts Coaching works beautifully for ALL SIZES of nonprofits – universities, hospitals, arts organizations, social service agencies, and even very small nonprofits. The major gifts methodology is universally applicable, no matter your size.
What’s YOUR Commitment?
How Much Will It Cost to Join Major Gifts Coaching?
Your cost is an investment of $450/month for 10 months – totaling $4500
BONUS! You also get a subscription to Gail’s Fired-Up Fundraising INSIDERS! ($998 value)
Major Gifts Coaching members get a 10-month free INSIDER membership
Major Gifts Coaching Clients 2015-18
Major Gifts Curriculum
Month 1: Build a Culture of Philanthropy and Identify Your Major Gift Prospects (February)
- Learn the major gift million dollar mindset
- Get your whole organization on board the major gifts train.
- Create your major gifts team
- Where to look for potential major gift prospects
- Set up your prospect list in a digital format; define the fields you need to track
- SPECIAL BOARD presentation introducing them to Major Gifts Fundraising
Month 2: Research and Rate Your Prospects (March)
- Create your major gift rating system
- Play the VIP Prospect Game
- How to research your major prospects
- Start the rating process: linkage, ability, and interest
- Complete your Top 20 Prospect List.
Month 3: Create Cultivation Plans (April)
- Create systematic cultivation plans for your top 20 donors
- Learn Moves Management to manage your cultivation activities
- Hold screening sessions to review the prospect list with key volunteers (I’ll show you how to organize it and get people there)
- ID your low hanging fruit and put them on the top of your list.
- SPECIAL BOARD training on how they can open doors to major prospects
Month 4: Getting the Appointments for Discovery Calls and Exploratory Meetings with Prospects (May)
- Finalize your prospect list and ratings
- Set a realistic major gift goal for this year.
- Learn how to make a successful advice visit
- Visit your first 8 high dollar prospects for an exploratory meeting
- Learn how to do a discovery visit that’s fun for both you and your prospect
Month 5: Preparing for the Ask Visit (June)
- How to warm up your donor for the ask (go slow to go fast)
- What are we asking money for – getting precise about your fundraising priorities
- How to make the appointment.
- The seven questions to answer before you make the ask.
- How to test for the right dollar amount.
Month 6: Visits with Prospects (July)
- Coaching calls with Gail.
- Guest presenter author Andrea Kihlstedt – ‘The Arc of the Ask.”
Month 7: Visits with Prospects (August)
- Coaching calls with Gail.
- Guest presenter author Kent Stroman “Conversational Asking.”
Month 8: Making Asks (September)
- Preparing for an ask visit.
- Coaching on asking – overcome anxiety and resistance
- Who should go on the ask visit.
- How to turn the ask into an easy conversation.
- How to make the ask.
- How to followup the ask – your relationship is a growing asset
Month 9: Coaching on Specific Prospect Approaches and Asks (October)
- Coaching calls with Gail
Month 10: Closing Gifts (November)
- Final reporting in of successes and dollars raised!
If you’d like even more detailed info, please watch this recording of the Major Gifts Program Q&A webinar.
Think Major Gifts Coaching is For You?
If so, fill out this Letter of Interest Form to set up a private phone chat with Gail.
Let’s see if this program is right for your organization.
I’ve got tons of people interested and I want to be sure you have a chance to be accepted into the program!