Is your organization looking to raise more money this year? Do you want to learn the steps to meet your fundraising goals? If so, then you are in luck.
Amy Eisenstein from Tri Point Fundraising and I recently spoke about the key steps in preparing for a successful capital campaign. You can find our introduction to the basics of capital campaign fundraising in the video below.
To discover the true secrets of capital campaign success please visit Capital Campaign Magic, a joint project between Andrea Kihlstedt and I where you will receive newsletters, webinars, and coaching that provide the building blocks to your success.
In the video interview you will learn:
- Whether an organization is ready to start a capital campaign
- The value of feasibility studies and how to get around them
- 3 objectives to keep in mind when meeting major donors
- How to develop and rate your prospect list
- How to get your board to open the door to prospects
If you are just getting started, never fear! Start with these steps:
- Go for your goal with great vigor
- Have a clear, feasible and compelling vision that is supported by your board and community
- Use a donor pyramid to run the numbers
- Have your first 5 to 10 donors be top level gifts to get you half way to your goal
Two questions to ask yourself and your organization’s leaders before beginning a capital campaign:
- Can we raise this money?
- Where do we think it may come from? (Know your top donors.)